UPDATE ON GUN DOG PROSPECT MAC

Aye Mates,
I have posted a few times on the development of me younger gun dog prospect SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH. MAC continues to train diligently with me in the ongoing development of his skill sets as both a gun dog ( upland birds and waterfowl hunting) and as a hunt test K9 athlete. I am pleased to report that MAC is coming along grandly in all regards

Having earned an HRC Started Hunting Retriever title and an AKC Junior Hunter title, I recently entered MAC in his first AKC Senior Hunter stakes and MAC earned his first Senior Hunter qualification (one of four needed to earn an AKC Senior Hunter title).

MAC is a very handsome and stylish dog whilst working, is a strong marker / tracker, and is a highly bird intensive hunter. Here are a few images o' MAC captured. during a recent training session.

MAC is currently 9 for 9 in the earning of qualifying scores in the stakes he has been entered in

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
~ SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH ~ Call name MAC.

To successfully qualify in an AKC Senior Hunter test, MAC was required to perform at or above the accepted standard the following;

Double marked retrieves on both land and water at 100 yards or less.
A single blind retrieve on land at 100 yards or less.
A single blind retrieve on water at 100 yards or less.
A diversion bird and shot (can be on land or water)
A walkup marked retrieve.
Marks included both live flyers and dead birds.

All retrieves made must be delivered to hand.

During the entire test, dogs are judged on marking ability, obedience / line manners, trainability, style, courage, and successful performance of all of the required elements of the test.
MAC demonstrates outstanding ability and potential and it is a true honor to be working with this fantastic retriever gun dog prospect.
MAC will be going into his 3rd season afield and has been worked on numerous upland birds and waterfowl. MAC has been steady to wing, shot, and fall since the
age of ten months. MAC is a true pleasure to hunt over.

~ SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH ~
Cheers,
Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Back