under a 100 days

bchunter

I don't know if anyone has realized this but there are only 96 days until the opener..we are in the home stretch baby!!!! Dang i can't wait

I hadn't taken the time to count the days yet, but I know it is coming very soon:thumbsup:

August--Hunter's Ed for eldest, shoot clays, anxiously await the special hunt drawing announcements
Sept--Dove and youth deer
October--we'll give duck hunting another chance
November--youth hunt, reg opener, SD for 4 days, and another KS hunt around Thanksgiving

My boys aren't playing sports this fall (save for a light fall baseball schedule). It feels a bit weird not having any sporting events to attend, but I'd rather expand their hunting horizons than spend every Saturday with crazy soccer moms and delusional football dads anyway!!!

Under 100 days . . . a cheering thought. Here's another: 26 till dove! :)

I hadn't taken the time to count the days yet, but I know it is coming very soon:thumbsup:

August--Hunter's Ed for eldest, shoot clays, anxiously await the special hunt drawing announcements
November--youth hunt, reg opener, SD for 4 days, and another KS hunt around Thanksgiving

My boys aren't playing sports this fall (save for a light fall baseball schedule). It feels a bit weird not having any sporting events to attend, but I'd rather expand their hunting horizons than spend every Saturday with crazy soccer moms and delusional football dads anyway!!!

I am awaiting the dove season..hope a family member gets drawn for the clinton lake special dove hunt lol

Also gonna hit the local clay range south of lawrence this weekend..i think my wife is getting tired of me getting my shotgun out and wiping it down every other night

Starting to get excited! Ok, I lied. I've BEEN excited for the past, ohhh, summer!!

I'm thinking about heading west opening weekend. Be the first time I have done that since the 8th grade with my father. Not to far though, maybe about 3 hours west and then north some.

Last cool morning we had I borrowed my neighbors JD Gator and let Bob loose to run. Took off south and didn't turn around until the one mile mark. Sure am glad I had the Gator. That dog likes to run. Once he got that over with he settled down and hunted close. Had to give him a ride back to the kennel though. He was tuckered out.

Starting to get excited! Ok, I lied. I've BEEN excited for the past, ohhh, summer!!

I'm thinking about heading west opening weekend. Be the first time I have done that since the 8th grade with my father. Not to far though, maybe about 3 hours west and then north some.

Last cool morning we had I borrowed my neighbors JD Gator and let Bob loose to run. Took off south and didn't turn around until the one mile mark. Sure am glad I had the Gator. That dog likes to run. Once he got that over with he settled down and hunted close. Had to give him a ride back to the kennel though. He was tuckered out.

Sounds like a very good time..i bet bob was very happy..sounds like you will be hunting close to where i will be..have fun and good luck..there is nothing like standing in the field on opening morning waiting for shooting hours..the sounds..the sights..the anticipation..the excitement

Sounds like a very good time..i bet bob was very happy..sounds like you will be hunting close to where i will be..have fun and good luck..there is nothing like standing in the field on opening morning waiting for shooting hours..the sounds..the sights..the anticipation..the excitement

:thumbsup: glad I'm not the only one counting down. I can see myself standing in that first field now

Back