Trip Report

I don't believe it......... but I am willing & able to be proved wrong.

What ya say rem88, how bout inviting a couple us fellas up for a hunt????

Lefty

Do I have to aim

With that many coveys available could I flock shoot them and hit one or would I still have to aim? Based on my two trips to Kansas this year I would say that quail numbers are up and thats a good thing for all of us.

the most coveys i have ever seen is ten..and those were small numbered covies..there is no such thing as seeing 21 wild bird coveys in one day that is unless they are released

This reminds me of a story that my buddy tells me when he was real young he got a shotgun and was so excited that he went out and hunted his land that next day..he came back and told his dad that he shot his limit of quail and his dad couldn't believe it and when he took a look at the birds he said son those aren't quail those are meadowlarks..haha

21 coveys

Hmmmmm lol i will leave that one alone! My 26 years of bird hunting 6 coveys in a day and that was last year n central ks.

21 coveys of native wild quail in a day is possible on this side of heaven. Only a few places on earth have a chance, but there is a place. Don't call me, because I don't own it, but I know who does.

All 21 coveys on the same 160 acres?

No, the place I am talking about is more than a quarter section of ground, but twenty years ago when I became interested in upland bird habitat I read everything I could find and I was amazed of research where there were populations of wild bobwhite quail of four birds per acre. I have not been able to achieve that(yet).

There is a farm close to Maynard to the East that has great numbers of Quail. Not twenty one but like most on this thread 10-12 Usually run out of leg there is more coveys than that. Just not enough day.

Back