To hunt in this wind or not?

nstric

I've the day off, but the forecasted 40+ mph gusts have me on pause. Do I jump in the truck and get after it or remain comfy in my recliner next to the fireplace, with laptop on lap?

Hmmm....

Not sure what you decided but I took the dog for a walk this morning and the wind/cold from the wind was brutal. You get a lot of days in the field Nate, the recliner by a fire on a day like this does not sound terrible.

But, if I am guessing right, you went out for "just a quick walk with Gunner" :)

Ah . . . you know me too well!

However . . . I broke pattern and did not venture afield today. I instead spent a good two hours tossing around the weights in my home gym. So, not a total lazy day . . .

You are a lucky man Nate!

My wife would have had a honey-do list for me if I stayed put too long!:p

I was going to suggest some painting or caulking for the winter days ahead but it sounds like you "did a body good" today.

That makes me feel better. I thought I was the only one getting soft in my old age, turned 40 this year. 5 years ago I would have been out hunting today, maybe I have just gotten smarter.

Enjoy!

Since I have passed both of your milestones more than a decade ago all I can say is enjoy what you have gentlemen!:p

Pheasant hunting and what it takes to do it does not get easier as you get older. Man, I would love to go back to forty again!:)

Back