Tick medicine

I totally agree. I use frontline when it's below freezing. I make my own tic spray with permethrin and have thought about spraying it on them. Poison them from the inside or outside?
I do treat both my labs vest preseason and during season with permethrin. I have never applied it directly to their coat though. The wife has a spray she makes with cedar oil, lemongrass, witch hazel, citronella, peppermint, geranium. I know when she applies it to them before her daily walk in the woods with them they tend to struggle and pull away because of the scent but it seems to work for her walks with them out back.

vets now recommend oral meds. the med may vary from area to area.

vets now recommend oral meds. the med may vary from area to area.
Yes, and I'm going to try them when I run out of frontline. I think they have an oral now that takes care of all worms and kills tics and fleas. Revolution maybe? The problem with all of them is that the parasite has to bite them for it to kill them. I live in the country with 2 60 lb. German wirehairs, 1 70 lb. mutt and a crazy wife. I won't mention her weight!!!!(I might be stupid but not suicidal). So during peak tic season dead tics, live tics in the house all the time. I don't want to start a fight here, but I do think the climate is getting warmer and tics are getting worse. Maybe a dip or spray as DITCH-CHICKEN mentioned??

Back