Thinking of A Kansas Hunt

AquaVac

Hey Guy's I am new to the site and looking to try some new ground. I mainly have hunted MN birds and have heard Kansas has some great hunting. Any sudgestions on where to go, times, places to stay would be great. Is it a problem to get permision to hunt? A mixed bag would be a new thing for my brother and I and of course our pointers. I have a two year old that did not get much work last year :( but I am going to try to make it up to him. Right now I have nothing planned except MN opener.

Hey Guy's I am new to the site and looking to try some new ground. I mainly have hunted MN birds and have heard Kansas has some great hunting. Any sudgestions on where to go, times, places to stay would be great. Is it a problem to get permision to hunt? A mixed bag would be a new thing for my brother and I and of course our pointers. I have a two year old that did not get much work last year :( but I am going to try to make it up to him. Right now I have nothing planned except MN opener.

anywhere west into kansas 4 hrs west of kc and just start hunting look for the crops next to good cover and there will be birds if its just two of you you will have to think about how to cover a field cant just go barreling in birds here are smart use the wind work corners what kind of dogs i seen pointers eps ? gsps? setters?

I have always found most of my birds south of Hays. My niece is going to college there now and is reporting good numbers at the boyfriends family farms. Hope to get the uncles invite.

I have always found most of my birds south of Hays. My niece is going to college there now and is reporting good numbers at the boyfriends family farms. Hope to get the uncles invite.

north of Hays can be good as well.

I am going to Kansas in December for the first time and I am going to stay in Hays and hunt north and south of there.

you are more than welcome to travel another hour to the west and we could hunt together if you would like

sounds great I will pm you my info later and you can pm me yours so we can talk a little and plan things out

thinking of a kanasa hunt

anywhere west into kansas 4 hrs west of kc and just start hunting look for the crops next to good cover and there will be birds if its just two of you you will have to think about how to cover a field cant just go barreling in birds here are smart use the wind work corners what kind of dogs i seen pointers eps ? gsps? setters?

My brother has a GSH and I have a Springer (he's slowing down):( and I also have a Large Munsterlander pointer. http://www.lmcna.org/ for those that don't know. He's coming around great, hell of a retreiver also. Who knows if someone else tags along what they might have.

Your going in December is that because of weather or your schedule?

I was looking at November or December for my Kansas trip but was told the weather would be better in December.

My schedule is really flexiable. I am a gunsmith and have my own business so I can pretty much take off with I need to.

Don't listen to GCB, he doesn't have any birds that way!!!!!!:D

hey blue if I don't have any birds out here howcome you always come out here to hunt it sure isnt for the scenery LOL HA HA

It is because all those hens you trap and then paint up to look like Roosters!!!!!!!!:cheers:

yea thats it its a gove county tradition paint the hen and plant them for the outof towners hahaha LOL i have a special one painted just for you buddy

Back