Thanks Web Guy/Cold Turkey is hard, this site helps

Bob Peters

I'd just like to say, thanks web guy, for paying for this site. I got into this sport a few years ago as a middle aged adult, and a good chunk of what I know on pheasant hunting I learned on this website. The big Fakebook page on pheasant junkying booted me for a post in which I mentioned Aberdeen, Huron and Chamberlain, apparently that's hotspotting :oops: . I wonder what they'd think if they watched an episode of the flush, where individual WMA's are called out. Anyways, somehow I dipped my toes into the world of pheasant hunting, and I've never been the same since. If you're reading this, try to imagine your life if you've never heard of or chased a pheasant before. In my case it is so special once pheasant season opens. I've got a blue-collar job, but once I throw on those old boots and get out in the country, kiss the dog and put her down, tail-a-waggin' and running full tilt on the hunt, 🤩 well I don't know if the entirety of webster's dictionary could provide an accurate description of the joy it brings. I'd like to say thanks to ND pheasant, Golden Hour and A5 for the great videos you posted here. Oh, and AGraham as well. Any video from the hunt of wild birds I enjoy and learn from. Sometimes I feel like this world is shrinking, and I just want to hunt a few wild pheasants while I still can. Skye and Roxy are my two hunting buddies, two field bred golden retrievers. I always think of them first, and do my best to put them on wild birds. Often I only hunt on weekends and we're chasing pressured birds on public lands, but they don't seem to care. If I manage to hit one and we get a bird in the bag then we are all happy. Thankfully golden retrievers are easy to please as hunting dogs and are great companions. This is not to mean they are pushovers, they are strong, athletic, and driven, but they are also bonded to their hunters and very understanding. I could not wish for more. Thanks for reading my post. I know if you got here, you have a bird dog that you love with all your heart. Stay the course, train them in the offseason, and keep the hunt alive next autumn.

Attachments

• 20221204_194853.jpg
    20221204_194853.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
I'd just like to say, thanks web guy, for paying for this site. I got into this sport a few years ago as a middle aged adult, and a good chunk of what I know on pheasant hunting I learned on this website. The big Fakebook page on pheasant junkying booted me for a post in which I mentioned Aberdeen, Huron and Chamberlain, apparently that's hotspotting :oops: . I wonder what they'd think if they watched an episode of the flush, where individual WMA's are called out. Anyways, somehow I dipped my toes into the world of pheasant hunting, and I've never been the same since. If you're reading this, try to imagine your life if you've never heard of or chased a pheasant before. In my case it is so special once pheasant season opens. I've got a blue-collar job, but once I throw on those old boots and get out in the country, kiss the dog and put her down, tail-a-waggin' and running full tilt on the hunt, 🤩 well I don't know if the entirety of webster's dictionary could provide an accurate description of the joy it brings. I'd like to say thanks to ND pheasant, Golden Hour and A5 for the great videos you posted here. Oh, and AGraham as well. Any video from the hunt of wild birds I enjoy and learn from. Sometimes I feel like this world is shrinking, and I just want to hunt a few wild pheasants while I still can. Skye and Roxy are my two hunting buddies, two field bred golden retrievers. I always think of them first, and do my best to put them on wild birds. Often I only hunt on weekends and we're chasing pressured birds on public lands, but they don't seem to care. If I manage to hit one and we get a bird in the bag then we are all happy. Thankfully golden retrievers are easy to please as hunting dogs and are great companions. This is not to mean they are pushovers, they are strong, athletic, and driven, but they are also bonded to their hunters and very understanding. I could not wish for more. Thanks for reading my post. I know if you got here, you have a bird dog that you love with all your heart. Stay the course, train them in the offseason, and keep the hunt alive next autumn.
Well said Bob.

Back