Tax Refund Purchase

lubers

Pulled the plug yesterday and bought a new 20 gauge Browning Citori CXS been debating over this purchase for awhile and when my tax return showed up I figured what the heck. I have eight birds left at a game farm that I will be putting out on Sunday so my grandson and son in law will be going out so I'll see if I can hit anything with it. Anyone else waiting for tax returns to make a purchase?

Not necessarily waiting on the tax return (though that would help) but I am considering the purchase of a Browning Citori 725 Field in 20 gauge, 28" barrel. I shoot a lot of skeet and will use it for that but I'll hunt with it too. The 12 gauges are getting heavy in my later years. Would like to find a 725 with decent wood.

Same here its getting to be a chore carrying the 8 lb guns in the field, I do occasional sporting clay shooting with the grand-kids and do a lot of pheasant hunting on public land around my area. Had a CZ upland ultralight in 12 but my shoulder turned black and blue after awhile sucks when we get old. Gun was just too light right around 6 lbs. then purchased a CZ Wingshooter Elite in twenty gauge but never liked the way it came up. Friend of mine brought along his Citori CXS last time I shot sporting clay with him and I fell for it,

I wouldn't say a tax refund purchase, I'm self-employed so there's usually no refund. But by this fall I hope to purchase one of those citori cxs.
I've been looking at the citori cxs white 20 gauge, 30 inch with lightweight barrels.
It looks like a fine Little weapon.
Lubers, I hope you enjoy your new shotgun. Nothing like new toys!

I have a CXS in 12 30in. barrels with the nickel/coin receiver, white edition I think it's called. I bought it for a do-all gun, but ended up shooting clays with it and don't carry it in the field. It's been a good one so far.

I have a 20 CXS with 32” barrels. Love it. Carry it for hunting and also shoot some sporting clays with it. Love the long barrels but still light enough to carry for the day. Just returned from a quail hunt in GA and that was what I used there. For the price I think they are great guns and that is coming from a Beretta guy.

Will not be getting any tax refund, but if I qualify for the next rediculous welfare check, I might use it to stimulate the economy of the Russell Moccasin Company.... for the price, I just can't get myself to spend the money I "earned" on those. Pretty much set on all guns and shooting/hunting related items, but I would really like to try them!

Took out the 20 gauge CXS (30 inch barrels) today, we put out 8 birds at a local game farm can't tell you if it was me or the gun but it swung wonderful and shot even better I was three for three with the birds. Grandson shot his second bird today so I dropped it off at my sisters house to have my niece do a mounting for me plan on surprising my grandson with it. Looking forward to shooting some sporting clays with it next.

It was not a tax refund purchase,a new A5 Sweet 16. I bought the last one they had in stock at my local Runnings and Brownning has a 5% rebate on firearms.

No stimulus check for me and my wife. I thought I positioned myself for a tax refund to buy either my Humminbird Helix 12 Mega Chirp SI fish graph or a Beretta xPlore 12 ga semi. I ended up owing about the cost of the Beretta due a small self-employment check my wife ended up with that taxes were not paid on originally. 🤬

With the first ChiCom Flu payment I pulled the trigger on a Browning Citori 725 Featherweight 24" in 12 gauge, and I'm damned glad I did. Hands down the finest rooster killing shotgun I ever swung on a bird. You won't be sorry...

Not necessarily waiting on the tax return (though that would help) but I am considering the purchase of a Browning Citori 725 Field in 20 gauge, 28" barrel. I shoot a lot of skeet and will use it for that but I'll hunt with it too. The 12 gauges are getting heavy in my later years. Would like to find a 725 with decent wood.
Buy it! I have the same 725 and also the 725 feather plus the 725 sporting all in 20 gauge. All great guns.

I never get a refund, but that doesn't stop me. It must be the time of year. I tried to order a CZ upland ultra-light 20 yesterday, but my gun shop couldn't find one last night. Said he'd call when he finds one. Has anyone bought anything lately on GB? Someone told me they bought one and it cost him 160.00 to get it. Something about a byers fee??

I never get a refund, but that doesn't stop me. It must be the time of year. I tried to order a CZ upland ultra-light 20 yesterday, but my gun shop couldn't find one last night. Said he'd call when he finds one. Has anyone bought anything lately on GB? Someone told me they bought one and it cost him 160.00 to get it. Something about a byers fee??
Gunbroker is now charging “tax” on all purchases “based on ship to address”. I live in the county where my tax rate is 4.9%. I bought some ammo so it can be shipped to my residence; they charged me 10%. I bought a gun and the ship to address for my Dealer requires 8% tax; they still charged me 10%. I am now paying more attention to Gunsinternational where the price is the price.

Finally found one. Be here next week!!

Back