SW North Dakota Hunt

JMBZ71

My Dad, brother & I returned from a week of pheasant hunting (and some R&R) in SW ND yesterday. Started out hunting in Stark County but found we had to go about 40 miles south of Dickinson to get into serious bird numbers. Hunted a mix of private land and PLOTS in Bowman and Adams Counties. Lots of fun discovering where the birds were and meeting some unbelievably hospitable farmers. Down to earth, genuinely nice folks. Here's a few pics:

NoDak.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great time. Nice pics.:thumbsup:

SW North Dakota

Thanks for sharing the great photos and how your trip went. I hunted that area a few years ago and saw lots of birds. The stubble was so short you could see them in the middle of the fields, a new sight for me. I'd like to go back up there some time.

Sounds like we hunted in the same area. Stayed in Dickinson, hunted this area last year....more birds last year, but still limited everyday, just me though and my lab. You're right about the people and farmers, made a few calls and once they found out I was hunting by myself I had no problem getting on private land. Thanks to all the farmers, hope wheat goes to $15 dollars per bushel.

Back