SW Kansas forecast

I don't think it's going to be as good as it was last year, but not all is lost. The past couple of years were really good in much of the SW part of the state. I spent a few evenings driving around Garden City a couple of months ago and saw what I'd consider good numbers......better than what I saw in Pawnee county days earlier!!

I hunt around Liberal KS every year on a family friends land and he has reported good numbers of pheasants there. He said it is very similiar to last year in his opinion and last year we limited out with 5 guys very fast on opening weekend. hope that helps.

I hunt around Liberal KS every year on a family friends land and he has reported good numbers of pheasants there. He said it is very similiar to last year in his opinion and last year we limited out with 5 guys very fast on opening weekend. hope that helps.

Hope that holds true! I did see quite a few young birds, but I didn't go as far south as Liberal. There will be enough birds in all of the traditional spots for real hunters to have a good time:cheers:

Driving the roads it looks like Hugoton and Liberal should have good hunting. Although I had a guy tell me areas around Liberal got a lot of hail in June and July. I think it looks better for pheasants and quail in extreme SW, not great but good. The itch is down to the bone right now.

Back