Stone Creek

remy3424

A couple months or so ago, there was a post about a new outfit called Stone Creek here. I had visited their website and signed-up for the news letter. I see I had an email from them with cyber Monday, black Friday or whatever, 20% discount (BLACKFRIDAY20), so I just ordered a dog collar, lead, brass plates for other collars and a pair of their chaps. I will try to get some use on these chaps right away and give a review. I am really wanting something not as warm as my double tin Filson's, but waterproof. We'll see how they do.

Stone creek/ wicks are supposed to be great chaps. I’ve wanted a pair for a while. I needed to fill out an order at lion country to get free shipping so I ended up going with their house brand waterproof chaps, haven’t had a chance to wear them yet. Also nice and sure I’ll get a lifetime out of them. I bet you’ll be happy with the stone creeks.

I purchased a pair for my dad as a Christmas gift, and got them in the mail the other day. Seem very nice, but he has not wore them yet so a longer review is necessary. I also ordered a coupler and a collar, both very nice quality.

Mine are here, I can only hunt saturday this week. They are calling for some snow Friday, so Saturday should be great hunting and good conditions to test drive the new chaps. They look great, I think I ordered the correct sizing, seem to fit perfect. The full length zippers have a lifetime warranty...I see how they can do that...they are a big study zipper for sure! The additional products (dog collar, lead and some brass tags) were priced right and look great as well. My hunting buddy just received ORVIS brand waterproof chaps, I guess I might report on those too. More to come on these chaps.

Had the opportunity to try the Stone Creek chaps this morning. We had around 3" of fresh snow, so a good test. I started with lacing-up a pair of new Rocky boots, very stiff, first time to wear them. I ultilized the full length heavy-duty zippers and was able to put them on over the large boots, can't do that with Filsons. I wear 36x34 jeans usually, I ordered 27" (thigh) and 30" inseam (I am 6-2, 235 or so) and they fit awesome. They are waterproof for sure, only the bottom foot or so of my jeans were wet....maybe gaiters would prevent that, but they worked great. They look like they will take a beating for sure. My buddy wore his new ORVIS chaps this morning, they are much lighter material, hard to imagine they will wear as well, but we will see...waterproof as well. The ORVIS were almost $50 more. Maybe get a pic of them next weekend. Everything I received from Stone Creek, met or exceeded my expectations, order with confidence. If you sign-up for there news letter, they will alert you to sales and free shipping offers as they are available. A good option to consider.

Wore the Stone Creek chaps again this morning, temp in the teens, plenty warm with jeans under them. Do like the long zippers! No snow or dew, so no waterproof test today.
20211218_113542.jpg

Back