Stone Creek Hounds Hunters Choice Chaps

poninskib

Hey guys (and girls), Im going to share my recent discovery and experience with a small business out of Hesston PA.

I was looking to try out a pair of chaps for the upcoming upland season as I have gained a little weight and my brush pants dont fit right anymore. I dug and dug looking for the right pair, when someone on i think this forum commented about Wicks Outdoor Works material chaps. Then I learned that they went under a while back. (Bummer) Later on in the replies to that comment someone mentioned a place called Stone Creek Hounds that actually made chaps out of that same exact Wick material. I went to their website and found the Hunters Choice Chaps. They are listed for $65 and shipping to IL from PA brought them to $73 and change.

Now I try and support small business as much as possible so I decided to try them out. Keep in mind, Browning wants $70+SH for their chaps so these are actually cheaper. I punched the ticket late Friday night (I work 3rds) and to my surprise, they were on my doorstep at 8am monday morning! They actually arrived at my house before the transaction hit my account. THATS FAST! So I put them on and fell in love. They are featherlight, the taper in the legs is perfect for me, and they are waterproof. Im not talking about "water resistant", the first thing I did was go outside and have my wife hit me with the garden hose. (I think she enjoyed doing so as it was 40 deg) My legs were 100% dry even after a solid 60 seconds of being sprayed. Then I took them off, gave them a hard shake, and they were bone dry to the touch. I wore them around the house/yard for the day and never once had them pinch my thighs, or bunch up in my groin. I will buy another pair of these just as a backup. (sh*t happens)

If you are in the market for quality thorn, briar, stick protection, I would strongly consider these chaps! Thanks to whomever was the poster that lead me to their page! Link is listed below

Happy hunting everyone!

http://www.stonecreekhounds.com/prod...-choice-chaps/

Back