Stoeger O/U Shotguns

So now the seasons over, taxes are filed, and for once I actually get some money back! I was looking into purchasing a new O/U and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Stoegers guns? I have heard a few people that I know say that they've had problems with this maker, while others think that they're great. Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful!

Stoeger is Good Entry Level Gun

So now the seasons over, taxes are filed, and for once I actually get some money back! I was looking into purchasing a new O/U and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Stoegers guns? I have heard a few people that I know say that they've had problems with this maker, while others think that they're great. Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful!

Stoegers are inexpensive and entry level, but shoot fine. I have an early Condor o/u 12 ga. It is plain vanilla with no aesthetics intended, no selective safety nor ejectors. A new Stoeger O/U on the internet is only $349.00 plus S&H.

Last edited:
NELab. I had one for one(1) season. I traded it as soon as the season was over. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It was a 2 barrel set 20 & 28 gauge. The main gripe from me, was you could never depend on it to switch to the other barrel. If you should miss with the first barrel. My buddy had one and he had the same problem. It was made Brazil if that is any help.

I wanted a cheap field gun to bang around the fields with. I ended up with a Baikal 20 gauge. They are a little heavy and a gun writer once said they are strong enough to be used for a tire iron. Remington now makes them in their Spartan SPR series...........Bob

Last edited:
Bobeyrite, thats what I have been hearing about them I knew that they were on the cheap end which is appealing but I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get a gun thats gonna last. I had actaully intended on checking into the Remington Spartan 310 but the line was 2 hours at Cabelas! Dicks Sporting Goods said that they can't even get them in, so I guess I'll have to buck up and wait in line lol

Thanks for the input!

Valentines Day, the sweet guys are getting some new toys......Bob

If u are allowed to use lead shot go for an older shotgun, I found a Savage 440 o/u circa 1968-72 in a gun shop for $325, fixed chokes though, but great for upland birds! I would invest a day or 2 cruising the gun stores or a gun show and u will find one reasonable, do not be afraid to make offers under asking price!

Back