Still dry here

remy3424

Well, the rain went around me again (.1" here) yesterday. 10 miles south, my buddy got an inch, a few miles west of him they received over 2 inches, to the north of me there was reports of 4 inches. Down in the Battle Creek/Anthon area received 4' this week. I guess I am grateful for the 1.4" we reveived on the 4th & 5th combined, Best rain we have had in 2 months. The old drought maps should change and the area in NW Iowa should be getting smaller but not gone. I do believe the chicks handle the hot & dry better than cold & wet. I will get out and check the gauge on our CRP and see that that has for the week. Guessing the majority of the state is OK now...maybe the rest of Midwest, with just some of these dry pockets.

I have not received anything more than 0.25 inches of rain at a time since Memorial Day here in the western portion of the Twin Cities. It rains fairly often, but it just doesn't amount to anything. I received about an inch of rain the entire month of June. The St Cloud area is in a surplus of 7 inches right now, and I am in about a 4 inch deficit. St Cloud is only about 60 miles from me. Albert Lea, MN area just received 5 inches on Tuesday.

The drought monitor reflects the lack of moisture in east-central MN which is where I live. Its only in stage 1 drought, but the entire rest of the state is completely drought free. Could use a good 3 or 4 inch soaker that areas around me are getting.

The family farm in Nebraska got 3" this week, things are looking really good over there. We didn't get anywhere near that around home. Kids baseball got rained out in Lemars tonight. Rain got to within a few miles of us and stopped...again.

Back