Stevens 555

spotdog14

I picked up a little pre Christmas present for myself. I got a Stevens 555 20 gauge O/U with a 26 inch barrel. Dicks Sporting Goods had them on sale for $499 with a mail in rebate. I am amazed at how light this gun is and am really looking forward to getting out into the field and trying it out.

cf05mi7h.jpg

IVXtZODh.jpg

Nice gun at any price and it was a steal! Hope you shoot 'em up with it.

Never seen one of those before. Some of the details look similar to a Red Label. Have fun with it!!
I haven't either before I picked it up in the store. I was originally looking for an entry level O/U field gun. I wanted to see if I even liked an O/U before shelling out the big bucks for a Citori.

The sales person at Dicks up sold me of course from a Stoeger Condor to this Stevens 555 and I am very glad that he did. The Condor weighed more than my 1187 and I was surprised that the Stevens 555 weighed about 2 pounds less than my 1187.

After doing a lot of research online I found the main problem with these guns are a double fire which seems to be related to the safety/barrel selector switch which a lot of people tied to user error. I also found they have 3 version, this 'Deluxe' version at Dicks that includes the aluminum receiver and the scrolling inlay, a Cabela's version that has the aluminum receiver and the regular version that has the aluminum receiver but painted black. I was really surprised at the quality of the wood stock for this price point. Needless to say I am very happy with my purchase.

I've been thinking about getting 2 555's in 28ga for me and my son. They seem like really nice guns. I wish they would make a 16ga.

Last edited:
Back