Started Dogs... 'lil help and opinions needed.

cocadori

Full disclosure... ;-)

I'm new here, so much so that this is the first post for me. So, howdy!

I'm hoping this is the right place for this post...

Brief background - Long time sportsman ( read - all my life ) grew up back east when cockbirds, grouse and rabbits were plenty and traditions were hard and steadfast the first day of small game season. I've had GSP's, English and American Labs all the while...(35+ years ago ) That was then and this is now. I've lived in the west for 20++ years. I've not had a gun dog for over 17 years. However, times have changed and the deep seeded urge to walk the frosted prairie in search of Roosters is too daunting to deny.

My needs are - smaller more compact bird dog that works kinda close but no "shoe polisher", points with authority and retrieves willing. kinda sorta led me to the Brittany... the caveat is... I'm not long on time for training ( the career/job thing gets in the way ) so I'm looking for a well started dog. However, there are soooo many out there that how's a guy to know who good, who's not... who's in it just for the money and who's in it to place good dogs with good homes? Who's got the reputation and will stand behind their breeding and training?

so... I'm tipping my hat to all of you to help me find the breeders/trainers with integrity and the desire to place a good dog (started) with a good family. As most certainly this dog will be a big part of our family.

Again, hello! ... and I'm looking forward to this discussion.

Ric

Full disclosure... ;-)

I'm new here, so much so that this is the first post for me. So, howdy!

I'm hoping this is the right place for this post...

Brief background - Long time sportsman ( read - all my life ) grew up back east when cockbirds, grouse and rabbits were plenty and traditions were hard and steadfast the first day of small game season. I've had GSP's, English and American Labs all the while...(35+ years ago ) That was then and this is now. I've lived in the west for 20++ years. I've not had a gun dog for over 17 years. However, times have changed and the deep seeded urge to walk the frosted prairie in search of Roosters is too daunting to deny.

My needs are - smaller more compact bird dog that works kinda close but no "shoe polisher", points with authority and retrieves willing. kinda sorta led me to the Brittany... the caveat is... I'm not long on time for training ( the career/job thing gets in the way ) so I'm looking for a well started dog. However, there are soooo many out there that how's a guy to know who good, who's not... who's in it just for the money and who's in it to place good dogs with good homes? Who's got the reputation and will stand behind their breeding and training?

so... I'm tipping my hat to all of you to help me find the breeders/trainers with integrity and the desire to place a good dog (started) with a good family. As most certainly this dog will be a big part of our family.

Again, hello! ... and I'm looking forward to this discussion.

Ric

http://www.tbirdlabs.com/index.php He has had a great reputation for a long time.

Back