snow

I hope to get out, but we're supposed to get 6-8" and not end until noon....
I need to get the dog out again, this will be her first hunt in snow!

Won't they tend to sit tight for a while after the snow, especially if it blows/drifts? I guess it would also depend on when it stops snowing in your local. The guys in west/N west may have a better day of it than those of us in the central or east part of the state.

I will be out right at 8:00. I love sneaking around in new snow, you can really move around quietly. For me it really is the best time of the year, I love bird hunting!

I took yesterday and today off to hunt with my nephew, Alex. He is home on leave from Camp Pendleton in San Diego. He is a new Marine and that kid can shoot! Two roosters up today near Alex and two shots later he had two birds in the bag. Great young man, great shot, couldn't be prouder!

Good luck tomorrow guys... snuck out today so no bird chasing this weekend. Some of my all time favorite hunts are the morning after a fresh snow. Be safe... :)

If all goes as planned, we plan to start the morning filling our limits of green heads. Then go shoot a limit of roosters and end the day with a limit of geese. The way our foolproof plans normally go, we won't fire a round. Ha ha

Back