Seeds that kill

FCSpringer

Some seeds used as cover crops in these seed mixes can and have killed many dogs, We have been encountering this in ESS field trials.And Personaly know of several dogs lost to this while hunting.It is very serious and you can ask them to leave them out of your mix for a new Planting. Some are Canada Rye or Wild Rye, Virgina Rye. Fox tail is a native one thats bad to watch out for. There is a study being done By the ESSFTA to give to the GOV. they wanted proof before steping in.So Check out the info on essfta.org, and click on Grass Awn project there you will find pics. and other info to help in determining what not to be let planted on your property. These seeds when they get in through burrowing, or a eye,mouth, nose ect. will travel through your dog leaving a trail of infection and will pass through everything, Lungs puncturing them and other organs, depending on where it gets in and direction it heads. The Awns or barbs only let it travel one way. They are like porqupine qwills. Sorry about my spelling if I get it wrong I went hunting when I should have been in class.Hope you find this helpfull.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back