Saturday morning church hunt

mstand

Kind of a diffrent hunt just because it wasnt on wild birds. But it was a great time. Jim and I put our guns away once a year to "Guide" I do use that term loosely.
we met up at the church and got our group together. There were 4 in our group,plus a walk along. So we were allowed 3 birds per hunter.
The dog worked really well, a little loose on the planted birds but all points were solid and held through the shot.
At one point our old lady went on point. As we approached we noticed she was acting just a little goofy. The closer we got we were able to make out a faint pinkness hidden with in this bush, it was a HOG! We all had a good laugh and i snapped a few pictures. BUT, I had actually forgotten about my male. As I saw him approach I didnt give it any thought. But, the minute he saw the hog(he has NEVER seen one before) without hesitation he was fully engaged in a battle!
I yelled for him to down without a compliance. So I ended up sending him a hot email and that did the trick! Hog and dog lived to see another day.

The people we met that day were wonderful. One of the youngmen in our group was from Germany and had never bird hunted before. I made sure that we were able to get him lined up for a shot opportunity. On the second to last flush he was able to connect with a nice bird. Followed by his dad about 20 minutes later. The smile on those faces will be with me for years to come. :)
So of 12 birds, we got 9 and a pig.

I am done I guess for a good week.The blister I spoke of earlier arent your run of the mill blisters. Today I sucked it up and pulled my rubber boots on to go hang with my son. He found us a place to duck hunt. When I got home and took my boot off I had yellowish brown thick smelly pus coming out of them.
So, needless to say. I am in bad shape. I need to heel and find new boots. I kinda am concerned because about the infection because of my diabetes.:(

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Abby and the young man from Germany.
DSCN3053_zps8ef67d67.jpg

Beautiful day!
20131109_104841_4_zps1b6cda42.jpg

Max on point and Abby sneaking in.
20131109_104859_3_zps8b7112ba.jpg

Max and Abby again.
DSCN3059_zpsf125b337.jpg

Babe the pig. Abby in top left corner
DSCN3047_zpsbbc2d1a5.jpg

Look behind the pigs butt and you will see a white spot with a brown dot. Max was all over the pig.
DSCN3048_zps8124fbf9.jpg

The crew
20131109_111954_zps344be6d7.jpg

Tired old lady.
20131109_112218_zpse25aecd1.jpg

Back