Saturday 11-7-09 Perfect!

Husker

It was a perfect day! The weather couldn't have been better here in SD, highs in the upper 50's, no wind, and the sun was bright! Took my group of 5 about three hours to fill, birds were thick in the shorter cover. Looks like most the beans are out in my area, about half the seeds and very few have even started the corn.... It's just going to get better! And to top off a great day in the field, my HUSKERS won! Nothing better then beating OU to close out a great day!!

Steve
SDC10102.jpg

SDC10107.jpg

guns

Hey is that a Benelli M2 max 4 12 ga?I use that and an 12 ga Franchi o/u

Great Hunt

Congratulations on your wonderful season-opening hunt. Nice pictures!

That's a Benelli SBE I 12ga 26" barrel, that guns a work horse! I'd hate to think about how many 1,000's of rounds I have thru that thing and it just keeps on knocking them dead!

BritChaser, Not my season opener by far, that was about day 20 of chasing the birds for me, now it's time to put the 12ga away and comit the next three or four weeks to Deer!

Yes Benelli makes quite the workhorse shotgun,I really like my m2.It takes a beating and keeps on looking and shooting great! ...Now if I could aim as well as my m2 shoots and shoot as well as my dogs hunt...

Landman - It's just become a habit of mine, I never go out hunting for anything without my .38 special on my side. I've carried that on every hunt for the last 5 years and you'd be really surprised the number of times it's been used! When pheasant hunting it always comes in handy for coons, badgers, skunks and even coyotes, the shotgun will almost always slow them down but I like to put them away with the .38. Big game hunting is about them same, it's always nice to have something a bit smaller then my rifle in case you have to put a round in up close. I don't know, it just give me a little peace of mind I guess?

Nice pics! Congrats. Sure looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!:10sign:

Rod​

Back