S.D. Wildlife Federation?

Bob Peters

I got a letter in the mail from these guys, and they're asking for money, in terms of a membership and they're raffling off a couple pheasant and buffalo hunts. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about this organization? I was thinking of sending in for the pheasant raffles. They kind of got me with this line, the second sentence in the letter, "If you have been hunting in SD for very long, we are sure that you have found it more difficult to find a place to hunt unless you have unlimited money or want to shoot pen-raised birds.

They sponsor the outdoor camp every year for high school age kids out in the hills. I attended when I was younger. It was a great week. Learned a lot about hunting, fishing and all things outdoor related.

They sponsor the outdoor camp every year for high school age kids out in the hills. I attended when I was younger. It was a great week. Learned a lot about hunting, fishing and all things outdoor related.
Funny you just got me thinking ...they hold the camp but orgs. like my pf chapter ,and our local wildlife fed. sponsor most of the kids.

Well 94 it ain't all about you but your interests may get addressed!

The wildlife federation does lobby the legislature/governor/gf&p. They represent us who do enjoy the outdoors and are concerned with conservation.

Last edited:
I can shoot all the roosters I can eat, but the bison, that is a once in a lifetime opportunity! And great eating too! A hide and skull as great souvenirs after the meat is consumed. That would not be a cheap thing to do.

Camp Bob Marshal out in the Hills! I went to the SDWF camp three years in a row when I was in high school. What an awesome time!

FWIW, Bob, SDWF is a great organization. They are committed to providing public opportunities for hunting and, IMO, do a fantastic job during the SD legislative session with daily emails outlining each and every bill that affects outdoor recreation in the state. I believe they also employ a lobbyist at the state level.

Camp Bob Marshal out in the Hills! I went to the SDWF camp three years in a row when I was in high school. What an awesome time!

FWIW, Bob, SDWF is a great organization. They are committed to providing public opportunities for hunting and, IMO, do a fantastic job during the SD legislative session with daily emails outlining each and every bill that affects outdoor recreation in the state. I believe they also employ a lobbyist at the state level.
All right you twisted my arm, I'm throwing some cash in on the pheasant lottery hunts. Doing a raffle is easy when the prize is good, and the money goes to a good cause.

I have yet to chase pheasants in SD (hope to remedy that this season), but I do a lot of fishing up there. I just joined the SDWF. If they lobby for what is best for outdoorsmen, and support getting kids involved in the outdoors, then I can definitely see how this would benefit me.

I have yet to chase pheasants in SD (hope to remedy that this season), but I do a lot of fishing up there. I just joined the SDWF. If they lobby for what is best for outdoorsmen, and support getting kids involved in the outdoors, then I can definitely see how this would benefit me.
The SDWF is perhaps the only entity trying to get the legislature to address the non-meandered water issue in NESD. They fight for public fishing rights and are a good group. Thanks for joining!!

Back