S. D. Weather

Weimdogman

Just got hit with another nasty storm. Rain freezing rain and then blowing snow. Just had started to look up. This is another killer.

Well according to the news the whole state got whacked with something. I am in the Brookings area and I-29 was closed from watertown to the north border.

How much freezing rain did you guys get? We lucked out in that regard. Maybe got a couple inches of snow, tough to tell as the wind was outrageous. I'm optimistic the past week of sunny, warm weather and the upcoming reprieve limits the stress on the birds. Time will tell.

How much freezing rain did you guys get? We lucked out in that regard. Maybe got a couple inches of snow, tough to tell as the wind was outrageous. I'm optimistic the past week of sunny, warm weather and the upcoming reprieve limits the stress on the birds. Time will tell.
I do know that the last couple weeks of warmer weather exposed a surprising amount of field, particularly in the Bkgs area & north. That should greatly improve their ability to feed. Obviously, they're not completely out of the woods in mid-February, but I'm optimistic.

Back