Road Hunting in ND

Scoob

Can anyone tell me the rules for road hunting in ND in laymens terms. I have read the regs and I am a bit unclear where it says "most road rights of way are under control of the adjacent landowner and are closed to hunting when the adjacent land is posted closed to hunting".

To me this means if you are on a road (gravel I assume) and it is a public road you are free to hunt the ditches. If it is a gravel road that may be only for farm use etc it is open if there are no signs saying no hunting.

Thanks for your help.

The way I understand it is, road hunting is illegal in ND. Any public roadway and it's right of way cannot be shot from or across.

That is the way I read it to. Thanks for your posts. Will you be hunting in MT? If so any where near Conrad or between Conrad and Billings?

Road Hunting

Can anyone tell me the rules for road hunting in ND in laymens terms. I have read the regs and I am a bit unclear where it says "most road rights of way are under control of the adjacent landowner and are closed to hunting when the adjacent land is posted closed to hunting".

To me this means if you are on a road (gravel I assume) and it is a public road you are free to hunt the ditches. If it is a gravel road that may be only for farm use etc it is open if there are no signs saying no hunting.

Thanks for your help.

It means that road hunting is OK unless the adjacent land is posted. It has nothing to do with the type of road surface. An example: if you are hunting on a north-south road, and the west side is posted, you can hunt the east right-of-way but not the west.

It means that road hunting is OK unless the adjacent land is posted. It has nothing to do with the type of road surface. An example: if you are hunting on a north-south road, and the west side is posted, you can hunt the east right-of-way but not the west.

That is correct, just keep your eyes open for posted signs. Some people get very upset if hunting in a ditch and their land is posted, some guys had heavy fines because of this. So just keep your eyes open for signs and if you see a rooster where there are signs just keep driving.

Dave

Back