Resident/ non Resident lawsuit. Aurora county.

If I lived in a motor home 12 months out of the year and traveled year round..whats states drivers license would I get? I spend 30 days in 12 different states.

South Dakota. Check out the Americas Mailbox. All it takes is one day to become a resident if youre in a camper.

Just prior to the trial, Jencks said he was contacted by Steele, the prosecutor, offering to drop the higher charges and instead offer Peters a plea deal with no jail time, a small fine and no loss of hunting privileges. It was also agreed that Peters would be able to hunt as a resident moving forward.

So according to this statement he is no considered a resident and can buy resident hunting licenses?! So he was guilty before but now he is legal? How does this work?When will they change the law again? Will they notify him prior to changing the regs? I have more questions than answers on this one. Is he playing in grey areas? Absolutely, but if he is abiding by all of their requirements then they need to change the residency requirements before they try to persecute (that is right I meant to say that and not prosecute). Vague laws make everyone unsure of themselves. I don't have all the answers but it seems like they spent a lot of money for a misdemeanor charge.

I think they didn't want this precedent set. I know of at least ten people that qualify to be residents, (should they decide to relinquish their residency in other states) that already have permanent structures in place, myself included. Several of them from this board. Kind of a moot point for me, because I'mm becoming a legit resident as soon as my Iowa property sells.

I didnt say any of the days were in SD.
12 months- 12 states - 30 days in each state. No mailing address.
What states license do I carry?

South Dakota. Check out the Americas Mailbox. All it takes is one day to become a resident if youre in a camper.

i would think the state you licensed your RV in would be the same state that would hold your driver's license?
license and registration please?.....would they not need to match?

I think at the core of this whole situation is the question of why does a resident get reduced rate/special privileges. Don't take that the wrong way I am not saying they shouldn't. I am just asking the question of why. In my head it is because they pay taxes in that state that support the state therefore they deserve a price break over those who don't. However I realize now that that might not be the case. If it is the reason I assume this man is paying his proper taxes in SD and then that raises the question is he fulfilling the "spirit" of the law. I don't know. Its tricky for sure.

When I lived and worked in Nebraska I purchased my lifetime license just prior to my moving to Michigan. I made sure that the lifetime license would still be valid once I moved out of state, which they assured it would be and it is. This was 20 plus years ago and was dirt cheap and I'm gratefully it is still valid. The camper and residency is an interesting issue, I have a sister-in-law and her husband who have retired and are living out of their fifth wheel. I asked where do they call home and if i recall they have used that America's Mailbox and claim residency in Colorado. They originally lived in California and I believe they area still using their cali drivers license until it expires, I found the whole process confusing. I'm from Indiana and i'm not sure how many states allow this "Indiana allows non-resident landowners, including their spouse and children living with them, to hunt on their own farmland in Indiana without a hunting license only if the state in which the person resides allows Indiana residents the same privilege." I like how Indiana values the landowner regardless of residency.

Back