Remington

BleuBijou

Mine were not under the original recall, but that has now changed.

Remington to recall all Model 700 rifle triggers

BREAKING: Remington Agrees to Replace Triggers in ALL Model 700 Rifles
By Robert Farago on December 5, 2014

America's oldest gun manufacturer, Remington, has agreed to replace millions of triggers in its most popular product ,the Model 700 rifle, cnbc.com reports. Under a nationwide settlement filed Friday in a federal court in Missouri, the company is agreeing to replace the triggers in about 7.85 million rifles. The agreement, which must be approved by a federal judge, follows the Remington recall of tens of thousands of 700's equipped with X-Mark Pro triggers. Those guns, manufactured since 2006, had excess bonding agent used in the assembly process that could cause the guns to unintentionally discharge. The new recalls covers all Model 700's made since 1962. Though likely to cost the company nearly a billion dollars and take years to complete, the agreement may clear the way for Cerberus to off-load The Freedom Group.

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say nowhere near 7 million triggers will be sent in for the recall. Millions of then out there that have been shot for years or decades without issue.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say nowhere near 7 million triggers will be sent in for the recall. Millions of then out there that have been shot for years or decades without issue.

I agree!! I did read that they were discussing just paying to have it done or reimbursement!! That would be a cleaner way to do it for everyone! However, they never seem to want to do the easy thing! Sending them your trigger has never been an option! You have to break down your gun and then send it! I will most likely just install Timneys on the 3 I own and hope they do a reimbursement, but not holding my breath!! It would be 6 months or better to even get it back if not longer!! Guy's I talked to said Remington would not even give them a time table for return! Can you imagine now with all the 700's being up for recall? It may take a year to see your gun again. Maybe the judge has a say, otherwise Remington is banking on lots of folks that just want to take care of it on their own!!

I just found this! We shall see I guess!!! Just an excerpt of the article.

Under the settlement, which still must be approved by a judge, Remington has agreed to retrofit the rifles in question at no cost to the owner. Many users had new trigger mechanisms installed on their own, and Remington will reimburse them as part of the settlement. For guns that cannot be retrofitted, the company plans to offer vouchers for Remington products.

Time to buy some stock in Timney or other good trigger companies!!

Back