Relocation opportunity

I'd put in a vote for Chamberlain. On the interstate so it's easy to get places. Can't hardly beat the walleye fishing. Can get into pheasants within a 1-60 mile radius in any direction. Chamberlain ahead of Pierre because of interstate, Pierre ahead of Chamberlain because of a few more amenities.

Kansas turkey population is in serious trouble. Hunting around Alma NE I regularly see groups of 100 or more.
I would tend to agree, growing up in Neosho county in the 80's ( since relocated not to far away) i remember in the fall seeing flocks up to 75 birds but I don't think I have ever seen a flock of 100. Best wild game to eat in my opinion.

I got a good buddy that lives in the Huron area and he loves it. Tons of outdoor actives for him and his boys, plus the misouri river is only like a hour or so away. really good community from what I hear.

After spending 5 days there during the move, that's a firm no. Far too many people, traffic and psycho drivers on I 25/I70. Not to mention, ozone/smog alerts during my stay (Sept 2 - 6). I enjoy fishing from my boat and upland hunting. Not sure what those opportunities present in/near denver...

If you're fishing in a boat one of the last spots of open water to freeze in the state is usually between Chamberlain and the dam at Ft. Thompson. Also usually one of the first to open back up to good fishing in the spring.

After spending 5 days there during the move, that's a firm no. Far too many people, traffic and psycho drivers on I 25/I70. Not to mention, ozone/smog alerts during my stay (Sept 2 - 6). I enjoy fishing from my boat and upland hunting. Not sure what those opportunities present in/near denver...

You may heed Troy's advice and add Hays to your list to check out - probably fit your bill - KS winter can be bad enough but I'd sure not want the SD winters. Plus it'd be a lot closer to Denver.

Back