Rathbun

Shawk

Hey guys,
I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole... I have family considering land on the south side of Rathbun. So I may take my final day hunting (Sat) to make a run down there to peak at the land and also run my pooch on the public ground in an attempt to get her on one more bird before season ends. I've never been anywhere close to Rathbun so I'm completely clueless. I'm assuming this public ground gets hit pretty hard?? Any advice where to start? I'm willing to huff it as far in as needed if there's a spot that is more likely to hold a few late season birds. This property is on the south side in Appanoose Co... so that's where I would start... I would love a PM as well if you don't want to post here. This would be a HUGE favor on short notice. Thanks guys :)

If it sounds pretty grim... I'll probably just hang out in my neck of the woods where I know there's still is a bird or two.

I am not go into be a lot of help but my brother and I stopped at the northwest tip of Rathbun during our trip in november. Pretty good cover in the small spot that we ran our dogs. However, no birds but some tracks. We really did not have the time to really work a larger part of that public land. We had driven most of the day and really just wanted to let dogs stretch legs. There obviously had been birds there but the tracks we saw were probably mostly hens. There could have been immature roosters among those tracks. Good luck wherever you go. Wish I was closer!

I am not go into be a lot of help but my brother and I stopped at the northwest tip of Rathbun during our trip in november. Pretty good cover in the small spot that we ran our dogs. However, no birds but some tracks. We really did not have the time to really work a larger part of that public land. We had driven most of the day and really just wanted to let dogs stretch legs. There obviously had been birds there but the tracks we saw were probably mostly hens. There could have been immature roosters among those tracks. Good luck wherever you go. Wish I was closer!

Thanks TT! Hope you had a good time while up this way...

Best wishes!

Back