Quick morning hunt after the snow

waterdog09

Got out this morning for a couple hours in north part of Iowa, should of had my three but the double that could have ended it of course didn't go as planned! Birds wild flushed to my left after my dog got 2 hens up to my right and well of course there was a farm that impeded my shot on the first so I missed him by the time he cleared the farm but I dropped the 2nd on the first shot. Other bird was caught by my dog and she ripped the tail feathers out as it tried to get away. Easily saw 200+ birds, mostly hens but it was nice to see that many birds!!

Nice going! Not many days left now.

We got a lot of ice here in Eastern Iowa (south of I-80) then some snow on top. Will wait one more day before trying to get out around here.

Thanks, she is one of the smallest labs I've ever seen if not the smallest. She weighs in at a stout 37-39lbs during hunting season and 41-43 during the off season

Great going !!! One of my favorite things to do is hunt Phez in the snow . You can tell,you are serious about your trade because of the Wing Works Vest :cheer:):)

Back