Public Land

MikePadlo

Hello. I got into Pheasant hunting a couple years ago. My friend invited me to a hunt at a hunting preserve. Although I found it fun and now have "the bug"....preserve hunting is expensive.

Can anyone direct me to public hunting land in Michigan that is good for Pheasant hunting? I live in the Southern Lower peninsula, but would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to find a good pheasant hunting spot.

Any suggestions?

That's a perfectly good question. I recently got the bug myself and just can't stop thinking about it. Me and my friends plan to go on another trip this weekend but not on "public land" per se but on vacant land for sale. LOL You won't realize how many great locations out there until you've reallytried checking other possibilities. :)

Hunter access program

You might have some luck with the hunter access program (HAP). Its private land that allow access to the public. Check the Michigan DNR website "Where to hunt?" section for details. I have had both good and bad luck on some of these properties.

Hunter Access program? That seems like a good idea. Will be doing some research on it asap. I hope we can find some good spots there soon!
Thanks for the tip!
In the meantime, we have a couple of trips for some land found on Acreage for sale, this is going to keep us booked for the next couple of months but we will definitely schedule something we find on HAP for sometime early next year.!
Thanks again!

Back