praire dogs

Had to cancel my trip last weekend. 40mph wind put a damper on the shooting. I have heard that the warm wet spring/summer has really made the grass grow making the little devils hard to see.

I have a well educated bunch just south of town if your lucky you can get one shot of a day but thats it

the tall grass has been difficult to deal with this year, but the #s are up providing plenty of shooting

the temps in the afternoons are difficult to deal with as well, too much "heat wave" in the scope and just uncomfortable to be out under the sun

hi just got back yesterday. very hot 98 to 100 degrees both days. lots of dogs but skittish.longest shot confirmed was 565 yards. had a major what the hell happened incident. got peppered with powder residue and smoke out rear of action. blew a primer out of case and jammed bolt. had to pry it open and gently hammer it open. looks ok and shots fine. was a rem 700 in 22-250 using h 380 powder.

What grain bullet and what grain powder??? I use H -380 Also in my Rem 700 22-250 with a a 55 gr. Ballistic Silver Tip. I would have to go look on the powder charge , but I do know it is the same amount I use for my 260.....

hi just got back yesterday. very hot 98 to 100 degrees both days. lots of dogs but skittish.longest shot confirmed was 565 yards. had a major what the hell happened incident. got peppered with powder residue and smoke out rear of action. blew a primer out of case and jammed bolt. had to pry it open and gently hammer it open. looks ok and shots fine. was a rem 700 in 22-250 using h 380 powder.

Only 565 yds. I could do that with my BB gun with half a pump:p You must of not run into the PD I trained to Bite you in the walnuts:eek: Bulls still mad about that training. Gently hammer My as:D When are you going to learn what end the shell goes in:)

had a major what the hell happened incident. got peppered with powder residue and smoke out rear of action. blew a primer out of case and jammed bolt. had to pry it open and gently hammer it open. looks ok and shots fine. was a rem 700 in 22-250 using h 380 powder.

Someone had too many brew ha ha while reloading.

Someone had too many brew ha ha while reloading.

been dry for 23 years now so brew wasn't the problem. case wont hold a double throw of powder load was 35 gr of h-380 with a 55 grain bullet. might have been light on powder book load starts at 38 ngr. i'm sure letting shells set in sun for 5 hours in 100 degree weather didnt help either. coot dont give me too much crap who loads for you?

been dry for 23 years now so brew wasn't the problem. case wont hold a double throw of powder load was 35 gr of h-380 with a 55 grain bullet. might have been light on powder book load starts at 38 ngr. i'm sure letting shells set in sun for 5 hours in 100 degree weather didnt help either. coot dont give me too much crap who loads for you?

I believe you found your problem!!!!!! I have had the same happen to me when ammo is or has been in the sun......

yup, that was my next question, lite load, had it happen to me. i do not drink and reload. :eek: dont want to blow my head off. cloud glad your ok. coot i would be careful shooting any loads bc, gives you if you flip him any crap on this thread. pay backs are a bi-ch. lol:D

glad my gun is ok. this one has shot 5 shot 3/10" group at 100 yd. glad it was not my 300 ultra mag. 89 gr of powder might of left a big mark:eek:

Cloud, what powder are you using with the Ultra??????

using retumbo with 210 gr berger vld bullets. new load waiting to test it. usually shot 180 gr bullets. gun has a good muzzle brake so its fun to shot. have shot it as many as 75 times in an afternoon on long distant praire dogs. longest confirmed shot is 765 yards with this gun. col gauge says barrel has throat erosion, about due for a new barrel.

Back