Possible New WPRA

The light green circles highlight areas with the best potential. Those areas have the most continuous habitat! The orange circles highlight areas with good habitat but they do not meet the acreage requirements.

They are still in the beginning phases...I am not sure on a time line!
I would highly recommend joining Pheasants Forever. I feel it is the most successful conservation organization when it comes to getting habitat on the ground and making an impact in your local area!

They are still in the beginning phases...I am not sure on a time line!
I would highly recommend joining Pheasants Forever. I feel it is the most successful conservation organization when it comes to getting habitat on the ground and making an impact in your local area!

Plus, with all the work they are doing in PA I should support them. There isn't a chapter close to me, but that might be an advantage. I tend to have trouble saying "no" and I'm involved in too many organizations already. Joining and giving financial support from afar may be the best thing to do.

That's the spirit! Even though I live in New Jersey I belong to the NorthEast Pa Chapter and attend banquets and such when I can. I travel over 3 hours to help the Central Susquehanna Chapter with the flushing surveys so you will be accepted with open arms!

I'm getting a new pup in a few months, maybe I'll get out to a flushing survey one day.
What part of Jersey are you from?
Do you have a bird dog?

I am from Central Jersey but grew up hunting in Pa. My father has property in Pa and I am currently looking to purchase a piece! I have an English Springer Spaniel named Dugan..that's him in my avatar! Sounds like you have exciting times ahead of you..what kind of dog are you looking to get?

I will be getting a Deutsch Drahthaar. This will be my first gun dog and the breeder trains and hunts near me and will be working with me. A big plus in my book.
I'm originally from upstate NY and had a grandmother on Long Island. I have a buddy that lives in Vineland, but I'm not too familiar with central NJ.
Where in PA are you looking for land?

They are very cool dogs! I am focusing my efforts on land within the WPRA's because it had always been my dream to have a pheasant camp!

That sounds fantastic.
Let me know how it is going, I'm willing to be your new best friend:cheers:
My son-in-law and some of his friends are thinking of investing in some property for a hunting camp, but they are interested in deer hunting more than upland game. I'm keeping an eye out for land near a state game lands by me that may one day hold pheasants. It really is a nice area here, grouse, deer, turkey, bear. We have the Clarion river with relatively high, steep banks that hold a lot of deer and bear, and enough farm fields and overgrown strip cuts for birds.

Back