Pheasant Country Antique Sign

boonesfarm

I recently acquired a very unique sign and I am trying to track down its origin. The sign is yellow with red and black lettering with a large pheasant outlined in black in the background. The sign reads "Pheasant Country" in large red letters at the top, "Spare the Horses and Save the Birds" just below and also in red letters, the "Nesting Strips not Mowed Until Hatching Season Ends" in black letters under that, and finally "Dept. of Highways" "Dept. of Game, Fish and Parks" at the bottom.The sign is approximately 4?x4? in size and is made of wood. I would greatly appreciate any help that you may be able to provide.

I'd be happy to email a picture upon request. I tried to post here but was unable do to the size restriction.

I also posted in the Habitat Forum...wasn't sure of best place to post.

Thanks!

Cool sign! I'd post it on the SDGFP Facebook site and see if anyone replies. (Assuming it's from SD)

If I remember correctly Pheasant Country was a group out of Mitchell S.D. that did pheasant habitat, etc. They later joined Pheasants Forever.

Good information guys. Thank you! I am from West TN, and while I do have a GSP...I've never been pheasant hunting or been to SD!

Back