Pheasant Calls

Britni

I'm looking to buy a pheasant call for my husband, but I'd like it to be a surprise. I was wondering what's the consensus if a great pheasant call available in places like cabellas, sportsmans , or scheels? I don't want to get him a crappy call , but I don't know the first thing about them.

That's a really sweet gesture, but maybe a gift card to one of those stores would be a better idea. Or maybe take him shopping at one of those stores and pick out his gift together.

Hunters have really specific tastes in gear. It's hard for you to know what he would like if you don't hunt, and hard for strangers on the internet to know what he would want since we don't know him.

Good luck. Merry Christmas.

Ya know what?? I've never had a pheasant call & have no idea if they do any good or not. But if I had such a toy that allowed me to sound like a realistic-ish rooster......I'd use it. I can't hunt mornings here in SD, but during that last hour of daylight, I do a fair amount of trying to locate birds that have come into roosting cover. I'd definitely give a good pheasant "call" a try, to see if anything responded, giving away their locations. I'd probably wear it out trying to assess its effectiveness. Plus, it'd be a great way to get the kids up out of bed in the morning. Is it too late to add that to my Christmas list??

I'm looking to buy a pheasant call for my husband, but I'd like it to be a surprise. I was wondering what's the consensus if a great pheasant call available in places like cabellas, sportsmans , or scheels? I don't want to get him a crappy call , but I don't know the first thing about them.

I would echo what the others are saying. Maybe a pair of shooting glasses would better suit? I have been hunting pheasants for almost 35 years and have never needed anything like that. I have seen a few weird hunting accidents this year and shooting glasses would have almost prevented most of the damage.

I have a Primos Pheasant call that works well enough.....bought it on Amazon, and just checked and it's available there for $7.99.

I have a primos pheasant call that works great in the evening for locating birds for the next mornings hunt. I also use it turkey hunting as a locator call.

Back