pheasant caller

3pheasant

Hi fellow hunters! Has anyone ever used a pheasant caller in the field? I volunteered my wife but she didn't pass LOL!. I have actually called some quail in close but never a pheasant.

I have actually called some quail in close but never a pheasant.
Just curious, I understand that you didn’t get a pheasant to come in, but did you get a response from any roosters that were in the field? I hear planting corn works well :)
fyi: pheasants forever did a podcast last year where they touched on the pheasant call topic.

I would try one out for kicks and giggles, but don't foresee buying one (I can make a pretty decent rooster call with a predator call that I have). Like corndawg mentioned, a guy could probably get a cackle back to help locate a bird, but I don't know if they'd come to the sound. Maybe. I could be wrong.

The ringtone on my cell ia a cackling rooster. If Im desperate, I txt my wife telling her to call me and then I dont answer. She always chews me out but..

A couple years back I had a pheasant call discussion online with a guy that claimed he could call in the roosters to him. He had a hen pheasant chirp to do that, not a cackle. He said they walk up to within a few feet of him. He told me that you can hear it on this youtube clip.

I haven't tried it yet but I think I will find a way to loop this video and play it off my phone. Hide in some brush by a good field and give it a shot. It'd be a hoot if it worked!

A couple years back I had a pheasant call discussion online with a guy that claimed he could call in the roosters to him. He had a hen pheasant chirp to do that, not a cackle. He said they walk up to within a few feet of him. He told me that you can hear it on this youtube clip.
I haven't tried it yet but I think I will find a way to loop this video and play it off my phone. Hide in some brush by a good field and give it a shot. It'd be a hoot if it worked!
It would be great! It would also back up my theory that any self-respecting rooster is interested in female companionship year-round; not just April & May.

I have a hawk screech call. Supposedly it makes the birds freeze so you can walk up on them. I tried it for three years and I cannot say it did or did not work. It's like buying fishing tackle, you just never know.

I have used one as locator, blow it and will usually let know if you wasting your time. I have had 4 or 5 roosters response in one field. It will give you idea where they are holding up and opportunity to plan your strategy.

Back