Perfect day for a walk... Thanksgiving wishes :)

Shawk

Gorgeous day for a walk today after the nasty weekend storm. It didn't take long before the jacket came off... much nicer than I thought it would be today. Great conditions to run our rats (as my wife calls them).

9 month old... I think she was telling me to get on with it... let's go, no time for pics!

Pup worked a pair of roosters... 1st flushed when I left her out a bit to far. I didn't take the long shot hoping for a second and sure enough we got to the end and she locked up and here she's bringing him in... boy, fun stuff!

Mia was on heel after we shot our third and was done for the day... long walk back to the car and she decided there was something worth while on the edge... released her, worked in a bit further and locked up again (on a hen). Seeing a decent number of hens this year... good sign!

Can't say that I've ever run across a snake before on the snow...

Gorgeous birds... saw these the other day... my pup was like, what the heck are those when they took off... they were like 747's taking flight off the water...

My fav pic from preseason this year with our older pooch... she's 7 and this is only her second "real" year in the field as I'm back at it as well this year. She'll see as much time in the field as her and my body will handle this year. Nothing more fun that a dog that KNOWS there's a bird there.

Have a great Thanksgiving week with your friends/family... best wishes!

Last edited:
Congrats!

Congrats on a great day Shawk! Glad to see you are locating some birds. Must admit that grey muzzle on your lady looks a lot like the one I have!:p

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well and keep up the great work!:10sign:

You have a great Thanksgiving to !!! Thanks for the pics and the adventure that went with it . Later season Public Land roosters are harder to come buy .

Nice work buy you and your Canine Crew !!!

Back