OnX

Woollybob

Is anyone else having significant issues with OnX? I have been fairly unimpressed with the clunky app since its release, especially considering the cost, but issues seem to be getting worse rather than better over time. It now regularly freezes and bombs out on my phone. Once you get it running it hangs in there for a while, but getting it up and running is a real bear - takes several tries.

And after repeated years of feedback to them, they still have terrible (unusable) road maps for South Dakota. I have to keep OnX in one hand and the paper map in the other to be able to navigate.

Just this weekend in the middle of MN opener, it stops showing all public areas and tells me I need to upgrade (again?) So I did as I needed to know where to hunt. Now back home I notice that I am being charged twice for the elite subscription.

I have the nationwide subscription, use it all the time, and don't have issues on my phone.

I have had issues on my desktop trying to delete or manipulate waypoints, it just kind of freezes up and doesn't want to do what it should, then all of a sudden it may work. or not.

I have it, and have never had an issue. Now a friend was having all kinds of issues last year when we were hunting together. So he contacted customer support when he got home and he had multiple accounts(not sure how, but I think he changed phones) and I think they were conflicting in the server. So customer support straightened it out and as far as I know he’s been good since.

I agree that not being able to navigate within the App seems a bit dated in todays technology but outside of that Ive had no issues at all. Ive been Elite for many years.
I dont recall if it was here or another board, a guy told me to copy/paste the pin coordinate into Google Maps and it will get you there. Looking forward to trying that

Absolutely no problems with function, but it has cost me a few tracts that were difficult to find on a map.⚖️

Actually, quite the opposite. While I just got it not that long ago it did appear to load slowly. Seems though there have been some updates and in my iPhone it’s actually run very well. Just came back from North Dakota Friday and it was a breeze to use, add way points and track our hunts. For me it’s been awesome. 👍

Is anyone else having significant issues with OnX? I have been fairly unimpressed with the clunky app since its release, especially considering the cost, but issues seem to be getting worse rather than better over time. It now regularly freezes and bombs out on my phone. Once you get it running it hangs in there for a while, but getting it up and running is a real bear - takes several tries.

And after repeated years of feedback to them, they still have terrible (unusable) road maps for South Dakota. I have to keep OnX in one hand and the paper map in the other to be able to navigate.

Just this weekend in the middle of MN opener, it stops showing all public areas and tells me I need to upgrade (again?) So I did as I needed to know where to hunt. Now back home I notice that I am being charged twice for the elite subscription.
I have both OnX and GaiGPS. I prefer GaiGPS for high resolution imagery, parcel ownership, topo maps.
I prefer OnX for block management units in Montana. I prefer GaiGPS for everything up in Alaska.
GaiGPS is less expensive and for one low price covers all the states and Canada.

OnX is awesome. Their customer service is great, reach out to them and they should be able to help you.
I did call them and they did clear up the double-charge issue. Very nice to speak to on the phone, but were no help regarding the freezing up and bombing out issues.

They did not seem to care about improving (make useful) the SD road maps. I even offered to email them the link to the .kml files from SD GFP and there was no interest.

Back