Off Season Fly Fishing with My Oldest Son

walk213

Ty is 15 and he loves to fish. That said, we only get to fish once a year due to our hectic work/school/soccer schedules. I thought it was time to put a fly rod in his hands to see if he could begin to develop a passion for the sport. We had amazing time fishing the rivers in and around Steamboat Springs. I think he now has the bug.

Awesome video, very rewarding to guide and work with youngsters and those young at heart who are interested in fly fishing. After that trip hard to believe that anyone would be hook on fly fishing

Awesome video, very rewarding to guide and work with youngsters and those young at heart who are interested in fly fishing. After that trip hard to believe that anyone would be hook on fly fishing
Thank you for watching. The guide made everything. He was patient and really cared about Ty's success. He wanted to educate him on the some of the key aspects of the sport. It didn't hurt that Ty caught some slabs.

Great video as always. Teaching lessons to a young man that will last a lifetime. I remember fishing with my father. Times I cherish and will never forget.
Reminds me I don’t get fishing enough.

Appreciate you watching. Unfortunately my dad and I never had any of those experiences in life. He did his thing and I did mine. I probably over-compensate with my boys. They might get sick of me but I'll take that chance.

I don't fish enough.

Last edited:
Back