# of Roosters bagged this season on 1 WMA

shorthairs4life

Just curious but I was wondering how many roosters has someone bagged this season on any given 1 WMA.

Not looking for the place just curious how high this number would be (10+)?

17 on one single WPA this year to date and hope to be hitting it at least 2 more times before the season is out!!

Dang!

I've gotten 4 birds from each of 2 separate WMA's, but that's the best I've got. I remember when I lived down near the Iowa border I could got out every weekend and limit out in the same spot.

0, I've spent probably 60+ hours in the field on various WMAs this year and haven't flushed a bird yet. This last time I drove all they way to Windom, mn lol. I have terrible luck.

Shorthairs4Life-I hunt with a 3 year old Pointing Yellow Lab. (Not the rock solid points that the GSP guys are used to but very fun for me since I am used to flushers for the past 16 years!!)
OrangeCrush 86-??? What did you do, I was there Saturday and Sunday and pulled 5 Roosters in about 50 minutes!! The birds are there!!

MN Public Ground!!

All but 9 of these birds are off Public Land (mostly WPA's) they are out there!! Season To-Date ( We still have a couple weekends left but My Wife wanted a photo for X-mas Cards!!) That Center tail on top was this Saturday and it measure 26.5" !! That was a boomer (I almost missed the bird, think I was shooting at it's tail!!)

Last edited:
Shorthairs4Life-I hunt with a 3 year old Pointing Yellow Lab. (Not the rock solid points that the GSP guys are used to but very fun for me since I am used to flushers for the past 16 years!!)
OrangeCrush 86-??? What did you do, I was there Saturday and Sunday and pulled 5 Roosters in about 50 minutes!! The birds are there!!

I was there Friday, you probably saw my tracks lol.

Stormcloud- I'm jealous (50 birds, nice season). I picked up 29 this year and I thought I was having an amazing season. Your giving me something to shoot for next year.

It was actually 51 but the dog stole the third one from my Wife's head before we got out for the photo (and I'm not done yet!!) I'll post a final at the end of the year but it has been one AWESOME year!!! My best ever was 1991 and that was 67 but I was in college and that was all I did was hunt EVERYDAY w/o a dog as well. IT IS MUCH MORE FUN WITH THE DOG!! Good luck and go out and get after 'em, you have a few weeks left!

Back