Number 5 or 6? Pattern Pics Included.

That is why you shoot that paper! Hit the field and have the confidence that your shells are not going to be any issue. Just get that pattern on the bird and they will put the bird on the ground and a smile on your face. How long until the opener?

They are definitely stout loads but unfortunately I patterned around 5 different loads with this gun and these are the only ones that gave me a good pattern. The 1200-1330fps load patterns were awful.
Glad you are patterning your load/choke combo since it's the only way to really know the kind of performance you are getting from it.

Would you mind sharing the loads that were awful and what it was that made you think that?

That is why you shoot that paper! Hit the field and have the confidence that your shells are not going to be any issue. Just get that pattern on the bird and they will put the bird on the ground and a smile on your face. How long until the opener?
How long until the opener? TOO LONG! Heck I just fired up the lawn mower for the first time this year and that's a long season.

I finally found a shell my gun likes. Kent fast lead 12 gauge number 5 and 6. Both are giving me excellent patterns at 30 yards with a modified choke. I hunt over a flusher and most of my shots are around 20-35 yards on stocked birds. Which one would you choose? The paper is 36"x32".View attachment 5386View attachment 5387

Did you determine the vertical patterning? My Browning 625 puts 60% above and 40% below the aim point which makes for a centered shot when the entire bird is visible above the bead.

Back