Now I know what winter feels like in SD

Mr Hyde

28 below zero here in the Quad Cities IL this morning, wow it has been a long time since I felt those type of temps, the only good thing is the wind is not gusting 30mph. I was listening to the local radio and hearing everybody whining about how cold it is. Then I remember my mom's school story's " I walk barefoot in 5ft of snow up 300 stairs to get to class" I think a lot people are getting soft these days.

Yup, I can't get over how quick they are to cancel school compared to when I was a youngster (here we go with the stories eh? "Why when I was a kid you walked 10 miles to school uphill BOTH ways! lol!). Yesterday i heard on the radio that they cancelled a school trip to the local ski hill because of "wind gusts". Hmmmmm, imagine that, wind gusts in January on the Atlantic Coast - you don't say???!!!. Seriously though, it was -27 C this morning in Halifax and I biked the 5 km to work with my studded tired on my rusty winter mountain bike. Halfway here my shifter froze in a low gear so I had to pedal like an S.O.B. to get anywhere, but at least that kept me warm! When most of my workdays leave me sitting infront of a computer, I figure that's the kinda stuff I've gotta do so as not to get TOO soft for next hunting season! We WERE going winter camping this weekend, but we're putting it off until it gets at least a BIT milder! :eek:
-Croc

Back