November South Dakota Hunt

treedaddy

I took my annual SD trip the second week of November this year. It was warmer than usual and tough on the dogs, but we managed to bring home 40 birds between 4 of us. I took a friend that has never been, but he said his dad used to go back in the 60's and he always wanted to try.
Here he is with his first birds, taken from the fence row behind him in this pic:

We hunted mostly public, but did hunt some private land after the corn was picked.

The bird numbers were about like last year in my estimation.

The guys can't wait to return. It's usually easy to get off work when you take your boss with you:

Yeah, there's a couple good birds in there. Sounds like a great time. Good photos. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Nov. hunt

Clearly you guys know how to shoot your guns. Thanks for the pics. I'm headed out again on Sunday for the last week of the year. I spent five weeks hunting across the northeast part of the state to the Missouri. If I could shoot like you guys I would only need to go once. Glad you had a safe and successful hunt.

I also hunted SD the second weekend of November, and it was hot most of the days. Day one (thursday) got a limit of 30 for 10 of us on private land. That was probably the best day of pheasant hunting in my entire life. It was about 70 degrees I think, so we had to watch the dogs. I have a black lab that struggles with heat, but we were hunting around enough stock dams that every now and then we'd take a short break, he'd take a swim, then he was as good as new again.

Day 2 we hunted different private, and didn't see near the birds or have as good of shooting. I think we ended with 9 birds for 8 guys.

Back