Not pheasant related but looking for help

Planning a archery antelope hunt for this fall and wad wondering if anyone on here had our knows of anyone that would let a single hunter on. Would be willing to pay reasonable trespass fee.

Thanks

There is a lot of Block Management and state lands with ample opportunities to bag your goat. Check out the MT FWP site for lots of good info.

Best antelope numbers are in the 700's South East MT. Unlimited NR archery licenses. Opens about mid August. Huge area and plenty of public and free hunting areas.

Montana does not offer non-res unlimited archery tags in 700. In 2012 it offered 5600 in unit 900 which is district 700. 10 % I believe are set aside for non-res., just like most licensing draws in the state. Alot of the state's goat population is down quite a bit, I would suggest going to Wyoming.

There are quite a few goats north of Billings, but not many the further west you go. If you want to for sure fill your tag, Wyoming would be your best bet like Husker suggested. The NE corner of Wyoming, around Gillette, has a ton of goats.

Very true that Montana Antelope and deer took a heck of a beating from weather and overhunting the females.
I should not have said "unlimited" BUT the quota for archery doesn't sell out in the 700's so.........
I agree, WY has a ton of Lopes and a ton of public land.

Best of luck on the draw John. I'm sending for the MT Big Game Combo, like always. Sure thing drawing the General tags now days. The special elk permits are a hard draw in MT more then ever. The special tags are mostly out of Canadian Wolf Country:rolleyes:.
I will apply for the Breaks, if not successful I'll cash in the Elk part of the license. Elk hunting MT is not what it was prior Canadian introduced Gray Wolves.:eek::(:confused::eek:

No Antelope again this year.
Leaves me so much more time for working the pups and LOTS of bird hunting.:cheers:

Back