Not as bad as i thought

nocturnal

It was not nearly as bad as i was expecting this weekend. Saturday got a little rough with the wind picking up as it did but we still found birds. We saw about 50 yesterday and we saw 20 today in the 4hrs we hunted. They was holding really tight. We found a few in the milo but the majority of the birds were in the wheat stubble. Over all it was a good weekend of hunting.

That's great to hear! But it is a little funny that this post is right above the "dust bowl" post. I guess it just shows that while conditions for the most part are bad there are pockets of quality habitat and decent bird numbers.

Thanks for posting it makes my Kansas trip even more anticipated.

Good day! Thanks for sharing it.

My brother and I hunted Barber County this morning. Saw 4 roosters and 3 or 4 hens in about 3 hrs.
Ended up with 1 rooster. I hit a second too far back and am kicking my self for not following up.
Not the best shooting but a great day to be out!

That's great to hear! But it is a little funny that this post is right above the "dust bowl" post. I guess it just shows that while conditions for the most part are bad there are pockets of quality habitat and decent bird numbers.

Thanks for posting it makes my Kansas trip even more anticipated.

Don't get me wrong sat was tough with the dust and the wind but there was still birds to be found. By the end of the day we was covered head to toe in dust. We toughed through it and worked our butts of for the birds. There was little to no crp around where we hunted. We found 90% of our birds in the wheat stubble. It was nothing like in years past and i was not expecting it to be but there is still plenty of birds to be found. the positive thing was that we seen quite a few hens. All we can hope for is is a good winter and an even better spring.

Back