Northwest pointing Labs

r_man

Does anyone have any experience with pointing lab breeders in the Northwest? I'm trying to find one for my dad. I lucked into a back yard bred lab that decided he'd point better than some short hairs I've seen (granted they weren't the greatest short hairs, but it spoiled me just the same). I've been trying to talk him into a pointing lab, since this is probably the last dog that he'll hunt (at least real hard) over.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes!! I purchased my 3 year old Yellow from there and had my huting buddy purchase a pup last year. I am very very happy with "Doc" he has pointed from day one and he is just a pleasure to be with. First time out for my buddies dog she pointed a hen right out of the truck and on the way back she pointed another hen right in front of me (They were literally nose to nose and the hen would not bust, Rhia couldn't take it anymore and finally grabbed the hen !!) Truely good dogs with definite pointing instinct!! Very Happy with Turkeycreek

If you PM me your e-mail address I'll send photos, as far as temperment; I have 3 young boys ages 9, 8, & 4 and "Doc" spends most everyday withthem and he has not jumped up on them and has taken their harrassment with no issues. The other dog has two children around daily and no issues. Out of the three Labs I have owned this is by far the best "citizen" I have ever had!!!!

Back