Northcentral kansas

Hey guys
i read the upland bird report on the kdwp website and its still confusing to me. It sounds like this year will be better but spotty in certain areas. Does anyone know if northcentral kansas is in good shape this year? Thats where i do most my hunting at and i couldn't figure the report out.

According to the report you'll be better off the further west you get. I will be hunting toward the eastern edge of what I consider NC KS. The guy that I hunt with drives gravel roads all the way home from work each day, between Salina and Concorida. He said that he hasn't been seeing any groups of pheasants, but he's seeing at least a couple every day in different locations. Take that for what you may, we won't really know until we get out there! It will help if the crops are all out.

Where are the KS birds hunters at on this board? The time is very near and it doesn't seem as though anyone is bursting with excitement. I'll provide a report on the NE part of SW KS when I return. Not sure if I'm hunting Central, North Central, or NE (for quail) on the 2nd weekend. It is likely that I'll take all of the reports that I can get and come up with a plan from there.

Last edited:
Back