New Year's Eve Late Season Limit

nstric

I'm delinquent in posting ... has been a busy last few weeks.

Managed these three on 3-3 shooting in a one field hunt with a friend, who also bagged one of his own. The birds were holding tight, making for excellent opportunity for Gunner to work his magic. It was easy, I tell you.

Hit one more field on the drive home, deciding before walking in that the roosters would get a pass. Not a minute in, Gunner locks on point and I step in to flush a cackling rooster off boot. Such a beautiful bird!

Saw a bunch more hens, and one more rooster. He too got a pass.

Fun, cold day.

Hoping to get out on Wed and Fri of this week to wrap up the season.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A977%3Dot%3E2333%3D%3C54%3D%3A%3A7%3DXROQDF%3E277458%3B987247ot1lsi

Last edited:
Very nice. I wish that I lived in Pheasant country. I'm just about an hour and a half to far east to go out specifically for pheasants.

Love those V dogs too. Mine is 14 yrs old and sitting beside me as I type this. Long since retired but he still loves to think he can go like he used to.

Nice job Nate!!

3 more days of hunting for me and then I begin training for the invitational.

Hope you get out again before the end, if not, I have really enjoyed your stories this year.

Kbell, same to you. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet one or both of you someday, you seem like good people!

Nice Nate - Another good year that I am sure you and Gunner will be sad to see end. You are not going to be anywhere south on Fri. are you?? I am going to be at my cabin on Thurs. and Fri. and intend to get out for a few hours one last time one of those days, likely Friday.

Someone mentioned K-bell......I have not seen anything from him since before Christmas. You still out there Ken???

Thanks for the kind words, all.

I too have been thinking about Kbell's absence. I wonder what's going on with Ken? I don't have means to contact him outside of this site.

As for Friday, Kraig, plan is to head west on I-80 to hit some of my fields I've yet to hunt this season. So not south, no. Sorry man.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

I too have been thinking about Kbell's absence. I wonder what's going on with Ken? I don't have means to contact him outside of this site.

As for Friday, Kraig, plan is to head west on I-80 to hit some of my fields I've yet to hunt this season. So not south, no. Sorry man.

No problem at all Nate. The last few years I have made it a point to hunt the last few days of the season while "camping" at my place down south. It has actually turned out to be a pretty fun time to get in one last hunt or two while doing some fun winter camping. Enjoy your last hunt of the season and give Gunner an extra belly rub for me.

I dropped Ken an email and will hope to hear from him soon. I am sure all is well but thought we may have heard about one more trip to the "Grinder" from him. Will let you know.......

Thanks! Good luck to you as well. Hopefully a number of us can report back a few more success stories prior to this weekend.

Ok, so now I am a little concerned about Ken. :(

Back