New guy looking for info

Cride1

Hey guys. I have been hunting waterfowl for the last 11 years and because the seasons overlap and because my I didn't hunt them growing up, I have never hunted pheasant. Because the first couple of weekends of duck season can be a little slow, we are thinking about doing a little pheasant hunting. My father-in-law has hunted a few times in the past, but we are new to this. We would be looking to hunt public land in the north central part of the state. Now, coming from the duck hunting community, I may get more harassment than help with this, but I was hoping somebody could provide some information on public land in that area of the state. I have checked ALL of the MDC areas and nearly all of them in that area say the pheasant hunting is "fair" so not much to go on. If you don't want to put it on this forum, please feel free to send me a message. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I think it's just 'fair' in all of Missouri. Bilby Ranch in Nodaway County is managed for pheasant and quail, and might just be your best bet. It's in NW Missouri, so doesn't really meet your NC criteria, but...

And, it's no secret :D

Thanks for the reply. I will look into it.

I think it's just 'fair' in all of Missouri. Bilby Ranch in Nodaway County is managed for pheasant and quail, and might just be your best bet. It's in NW Missouri, so doesn't really meet your NC criteria, but...

The secret is whether or not the corn and beans are harvested.

Save yourself some grief and drive 2-3 hours north and hunt Iowa. You can get up later and still be there for 8 o'clock opener. :cheers:

I live about 1 hour south of the NE corner of Iowa, but I duck hunt in the north central part of the sate. Any decent public land in SE part of the state?

Save yourself some grief and drive 2-3 hours north and hunt Iowa. You can get up later and still be there for 8 o'clock opener. :cheers:

Back