new guy from MN just saying hi to everybody

hi everybody stumbled onto this cite yrs ago but never joined? but now that i have a new hunting buddy aka a new hunting dog i think i will be on the web site more often & since i am planing on going to SD this yr i wanted to try & pick a few old school SD pheasant chasers minds for good advice & what to expect while there...???

my name is stefan & im from IGH MN & if you havent figured it out yet i own a 5 1/2 month old SMALL MUNSTERLANDER pup LOLA is the name!!! i have hunted ruffed grouse & waterfowl since i could follow behind my old man when i was knee hi... my father has had some major medical issues due to throat cancer so i am his current home care nurse but he is much better now & ready to hunt pheasants!!! im working on my MN grouse slam all i need is my SHARPTAIL GROUSE to be honest i havent even hunted for a SHARPTAILs yet i will this season in about 2-3 wks but my main passion is to hunt WILD TURKEYS in the spring of the yr anybody who has not done this is missing out big time!!! i tend to hunt pheasant west of the twin cities write on the SD border but had a falling out with the land owner this summer so forget him & that area i found a nice fellow MN hunter while chase n turkeys in NEBRASKA this spring he invited me to hunt with him on opener near albert lea MN i will take him up on that this season...

i am somewhat new to pheasant hunting in the grand scheme of things as im only 27 & by the time i was old enuff to hunt our pheasant numbers in MN went down hill fast!!! been hunting pheasants for around 10-11 yrs & still learning every time im in the fields i have & most likely will always hunt 98% public lands wear ever i hunt... just love the challenge no packaged hunts for me or my father...

any way guys thats my intro & im happy to have joined the forum i see there is plenty of other MN guys on-line here so i hope i can make some new friends & maybe even swap some hunts or something???

Back