New Benelli M2

westksbowhunter

Bought a new Benelli M2 20 gauge in Optifade camo yesterday. Took it dove hunting last night and really enjoyed shooting it. Much different than shooting the low rib Montefeltro's. As usual, not a hiccup from a Benelli.

Bought a new Benelli M2 20 gauge in Optifade camo yesterday. Took it dove hunting last night and really enjoyed shooting it. Much different than shooting the low rib Montefeltro's. As usual, not a hiccup from a Benelli.
Glad you like your new gun. Have you patterned it yet? I have the same gun in black composite and have had problems: found it shoots high and to the left. And it was difficult to load...Just some observations and my experience with the gun.

Glad you like your new gun. Have you patterned it yet? I have the same gun in black composite and have had problems: found it shoots high and to the left. And it was difficult to load...Just some observations and my experience with the gun.
I have one for a duck gun. The loading port did get easier to work after it got used a fair amount. It can take some thumb strength to get a shell in the magazine.

I have one for a duck gun. The loading port did get easier to work after it got used a fair amount. It can take some thumb strength to get a shell in the magazine.
Getting the shell into the chamber was my issue - had to have a gunsmith alter the shell catch...and this was a brand new gun!

Mine loads easy. Don't know how old your guns are but the M2 got a make-over last year. Much different gun now. I am going to pattern it with Briley tubes. Most factory tubes pattern poorly. If your gun shot high and left, that is because the gun did not fit you. That is what the shim kit is for. However the high rib on the M2's and Black Eagles are designed to pattern high so that you can float the bird. Easy to change with an after market larger bead.

Briley offers a choke tube that moved the POI down and to the left - it worked for me. I did fiddle with the shim kit - even made one of my own.

"Designed to pattern high ...so you can" float the bird" - can you elaborate on this? And what does a larger bead accomplish? Thanks!

Briley offers a choke tube that moved the POI down and to the left - it worked for me. I did fiddle with the shim kit - even made one of my own.

"Designed to pattern high ...so you can" float the bird" - can you elaborate on this? And what does a larger bead accomplish? Thanks!
So you keep the bead in front of the bird. Birds rise so the Benelli is designed to shoot a 60/40 split high. You may pattern high, but if you are using the bead, you will be deadly in the field. That is why many people struggle shooting a low rib Montefeltro. I tend to shoot low and behind with the Monte since I cover the bird with the barrel. A larger bead will lower your barrel and POI.

Back