Muzzleloaders

pheasantaddict

I was thinking about getting the Bone Collector by Thompson Center for deer hunting in Iowa. Anyone else have this gun or any other recommendations?

I was thinking about getting the Bone Collector by Thompson Center for deer hunting in Iowa. Anyone else have this gun or any other recommendations?

Great Gun easy to clean with that speed breach the only thing is that I would like them to come out with the thumb hole gun stock. Are you getting it to go pheasant hunting ?? :p

Dad just got one and he loves it. I've shouldered it but haven't had the chance to shoot it. He says it shoots like a dream. I'm considering buying one myself.

I own an Omega with a weathered grey wood stock and love it! I use a scope during the regular firearms season in MN and it is a "tack driver". I did check out the Bone Collector at Gander but noticed that someone had "pressed out" those rubber recoil absorbers in the stock. That pretty much turned me off as it looked "cheap". :(

I have had an Encore for 9-10 years and I don't think you can beat it. I have the .50 cal muzzleloader, .308, and .300 Win Mag barrels for it. Simple and very accurate. I also have a .54 cal Hawken, which is what I started hunting for deer with, at twelve years old, and still my favorite.

Back